Deal Days are back from October 5 to November 4, 2018
Here’s how to take advantage of Save on Energy Deal Days:
1. Visit a participating retailer between October 5, 2018 and November 4, 2018.
2. Look for Save on Energy Deal Days signs to find eligible products
3. Install your new products and enjoy.
Learn more about eligible energy-efficient products and how they can help you save.
ENERGY STAR®-certified general LEDs
- Last up to 15 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
- Use about 70 to 90 per cent less energy than incandescent bulbs.
ENERGY STAR®-certified specialty LEDs
- Use up to 75 per cent less electricity than incandescent bulbs and last much longer.
ENERGY STAR®-certified light fixtures
- Use a quarter of the electricity compared to standard fixtures.
- Come in hundreds of decorative styles.
- Light is more evenly distributed than with standard fixtures.
ENERGY STAR®-certified ceiling fans
- Use up to 50 per cent less energy than standard fans and move up to 25 per cent more air.
Indoor motion sensors
- Provide added security when you’re away.
- Shut off lights in case you forget.
- Save electricity and extend the life of light bulbs.
- Control the intensity and amount of light to create the perfect ambiance.
- Set appliances or lights to turn on or off at designated times, such as when you usually arrive home after dark or when you are away for a period of time.
- Choose the amount of time to leave lights or fans on.
- Improve home comfort by keeping temperatures consistent.
- Help reduce drafts in your home.
- Reduce heat loss by up to 40 per cent.
Heavy duty outdoor timers or holiday and outdoor lighting timers
- Lighting timers reduce wasted energy by ensuring lights aren’t left on.
- Installing a timer on outdoor pumps can save up to $50 per month in electricity costs.
- Program pumps to be off during the day (on-peak hours) and circulate water in the evening to keep pools clean and chemically balanced.
Advanced power bars
- Save up to 10 per cent on monthly electricity use by reducing phantom power.
- Timers automatically turn off electronics and appliances during the time of the day when they are not in use.
- Auto-shutoff detects when an electronic device is in sleep mode.
- Reduce the heat gain in your home, requiring less air conditioning in summer months.
- Save clothing from the wear and tear of the dryer.
Baseboard programmable thermostats
- Allow for customization of temperatures and reduce heating costs by up to 10 per cent.
Hot water pipe wrap
- Save electricity and bring hot water to the faucet and shower faster.
Get Connected to a Culture of Conservation
Brantford Power is committed to assisting customers engage in a “culture of conservation.” Our partnership with the Ontario Power Authority (OPA) and their saveONenergy programs supports the Cleaner Ontario initiative and provides consumers and businesses with year-round tools, tips and incentives to better manage electricity consumption.