Energy Savings & Conservation
- Shut your computer down when not in use to save electricity and reduce wear on your system.
- Electronic devices left plugged in, even when turned off, still draw (phantom or standby power. )
- Plug the following electronics into a power bar with a timer or auto-shut off and make sure they are off during periods of inactivity. For example: television, home theatre system, computer, monitor, printer, scanner, rechargeable devices (MP3 players, cell phones, battery chargers etc.), and game console – you could help save up to 15% of your electricity use.
- When replacing your computer, look for an ENERGY STAR© qualified model and consider a laptop – they use less electricity than a desktop.
- ENERGY STAR© models have an automatic power-down function that will switch the monitor into sleep mode after a set period of inactivity.