My Home

Where do my Electricity Dollars Go?

Local distribution charges amount to about 20% of the average residential monthly bill based on use of 800 kWh (which represents $26.00 on an average $104.00 electricity bill, before HST). Local electricity distributors are responsible for collecting the other 80% of the bill that goes to pay for electricity generation, transmission costs, the regulatory and debt retirement charges, and the Harmonized Sales Tax.

For more information on HST and point-of-sale exemptions, click here.