July 20, 2022
GrandBridge Energy is warning its customers to beware and exercise caution if they receive suspicious phone calls, emails or knocks at the door from individuals posing as utility employees or sales associates.
Customers are asked to report any suspicious activity to GrandBridge Energy’s Customer Service team by calling the utility directly during regular business hours at 519-751-3522 (Brantford) or 519-621-3530,
1-877-871-2215 (Cambridge, North Dumfries, Brant County).
Reminders and Safety Tips to Avoid Scams
If you receive a suspicious solicitation by telephone, email or in-person please be aware of the following:
• GrandBridge Energy does not contact customers after regular business hours or on the weekend regarding the status of an account.
• GrandBridge Energy will never threaten immediate disconnection for non-payment or direct customers to make payments at local convenience stores or use gift cards.
• GrandBridge Energy will not ask you for your account number or credit card number.
• The utility does not offer services or rebates at the customer’s door.
• Do not provide callers or people who come to your door with any personal information, a copy of your GrandBridge Energy bill or details about your account.
• Collect as much information as possible about the suspicious individual, including phone numbers. • Do not let strangers in your home who claim to need to inspect equipment or assess energy/water efficiency rebates.
• If you feel threatened in any way, contact your local police.
As part of its regular business procedure as regulated by the Ontario Energy Board, GrandBridge Energy provides a friendly reminder call, as well as multiple notices, prior to service being disconnected. The utility always hand delivers a Final Notice to the service address, prior to any disconnection occurring.