To report an outage, call:
(519) 751-3522 (weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
(519) 752-0422 (nights, weekends and holidays)
At GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power), delivering safe, clean and reliable power, is important to us. Sometimes however unscheduled power outages happen due to extreme weather or unforeseen equipment failure. Here are some things you can do to prepare for a power outage.
You have the power to lessen the impact of an outage by being prepared. Here is a great resource from the Government of Canada.
Preparing for an Outage
- Know the location of your fuse box or circuit breaker and be knowledgeable on how to reset the circuit or change a fuse.
- Keep an emergency kit with flashlights and batteries, battery-operated radio, candles, candle holder and matches, bottled water and blankets.
- Use a surge protector to protect electronic items like computers, TVs, DVD players and stereo equipment.
- If you have an automatic garage door, be sure you can open it by hand.
During an Outage
- Leave one light switch on to know when the power has been restored.
- Turn off water to the clothes washer, water heater and dishwasher.
- If using candles, keep them away from curtains and other flammable items. Try battery operated candles – they are much safer.
- Do not open the refrigerator or freezer while the power is off.
Life Support Notification
If you rely on electrically-powered medical equipment like a ventilator or kidney dialysis machine, please let us know. We will put your name on a special registry that tells us you need alternative sources of power if we are scheduling a power outage and to notify you of a planned power outage in your area. We do require a letter from a medical provider that indicates that your medical condition requires life support equipment. To register or to update your contact information please contact GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power).